“मोदी है तो मुमकीन है” – ‘Modi makes it possible’ Mean What
Lets rewind the tap to 2014 when PM Modi was entering in Parliament he said “पांच साल के बाद यहीं हिसाब दूंगा ” Lets check and then decide your vote . Some of the important landmarks in this direction could be summed up below:
- First time in the history of India, for five years in a row, India has been the fastest growing major economy in the world – a ‘sweet spot’ in the global economy.
- Last five years, neither direct nor indirect tax rates were increased , they were reduced. Those with a net income of upto rupees 5 lakhs have been exempted from income-tax.
- Before every meeting of the GST Council, the nation speculates as to which taxes are going to be reduced.
- Small businesses upto a turnover of Rs.40 lakhs are GST exempted. Those with a turnover upto Rs.1.5 crore can pay one percent GST. Affordable housing is now taxed at one percent. While reducing the burden of taxes, the tax base has expanded and the collections have grown exponentially.
- In a period of twenty months, the smoothest implementation of the Goods and Services Tax has taken place. The Constitution amendment, the taxation laws subordinate to it, the regulations and the tariffs have all been decided unanimously by Parliament and the GST Council respectively. Nobody imagined that India would reduce the rate of taxation and increase the tax collections.
- Inflation, which was 10.4 percent during the UPA Government, is down to less than 2.5 percent today.
- Ease of Doing Business Rank 77, a 23 point jump (World Bank)
- In 2014, seven KM of Highways were built everyday. Today that figure is thirty KM per day i.e. more than ten thousand km a year. India has become the largest Highway developer in the world.
- In 2014, only 38 percent rural homes were connected with sanitation. Today 99 percent rural homes are connected with sanitation.
- Ninety-one percent of all villages are connected with rural roads. The expenditure on rural roads has been increased three times.
- In 2014, India had 65 functional airports with commercial flights. Today there are 101 airports with commercial flights. This figure is likely to increase by another 50 very soon.
- Indian Railways have now entered the era of superfast 160 km per hour train and locomotives which are domestically manufactured. Very soon the dream of bullet train will be realised. The quality facilitates in rail travel have improved significantly.
- Fifty crore of the poorest people in India have been assured hospital treatment upto Rs. 5 lakh a year per family under the Ayushman Bharat Scheme. The Scheme was implemented on 23rd September, 2018 and as of yesterday 15.27 lakh patients have been treated on a cashless basis.
- Eight crore households of the poorest BPL households are being provided with cooking gas stoves and cylinders. India’s poor have graduated from the ancient system of cooking to an ecologically friendly and a more modern system.
Facility to Citizen:
- All willing households (100 percent) in India have been electrified.
- About thirty-five crore bank accounts under the Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana have been opened connecting every household to the banking system. This is the largest ever financial inclusion scheme in the world.
- Every BPL family in rural India will have a house by 2022. Fifty lakh houses are built every year.
- Cheap and subsidised food-grain is being provided to the extent of Rs.1.84 lakh crores. No Indian will sleep hungry.
Self Employment & Employment
- More than sixteen crore loans under the Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana have been given to encourage self-employment and job creation. 54% of the beneficiaries are SC/ST/OBC/ Minorities. 72% of the beneficiaries are women.
- The Bankruptcy and Insolvency Code (IBC) has changed the pattern of creditor-debtor relationship. It has now become possible for the creditors, banks and financial institutions to throw the defaulting management out of control and eventually realise their debts.
- The Aadhaar – the Unique Identity Number, has made it possible that the benefits given by the State to all weaker sections reach them directly and instantaneously without any pilferage.
- For the first time in history, a 10 percent reservation for the economically weaker sections of the non-reserved categories has been given in public employment and educational institutions.
Agriculture and Rojgar
- In addition to building rural infrastructure, farmers for 22 crops have been assured an MSP of cost plus 50%. Besides a subsidised Crop Insurance Scheme, 12 crore small and medium farmers will get an annual Rs.6000/- as an income support. As of yesterday, 2.77 crore farmers have received the first instalment.
- In addition to a Rs.75,000 crore income support to farmers, Rs.60,000 crore is being spent on MNREGA. This transmits resources to the rural economy.
- The unorganised sector labour, including farmers will, now be entitled to Rs.3000 pension under a scheme where the Government contributes 50%. This will benefit ten crore families.
Political will on security:
- India has demonstrated, both through the Surgical Strikes of 2016 and Air Strikes of 2019 that rather than merely dealing with terrorism within the country will not suffice. It is willing to adopt unconventional methods of attacking terror at the point of its origin
The NDA government is first of its kind those yojan (Scheme) could direct connect to the citizen…
Swachh Bharat Abhiyan – Launched with aim to clean up the streets, roads and infrastructure of India’s cities, smaller town and rural India. And the citizen of India taking this mission in very serious note.
Make in India: – Launched to encourage national, as well as multinational companies to manufacture their product in India.
Beti Bachao Beti Padhao:-This social campaign launched with the aim to generate awareness and improve the efficiency of welfare services intended for girls.
Jan Dhan Yogna – The objective of this Yojana is ensuring Bank account for all “all mean all”
Digital India – : The government of India has launched the digital India programme with the vision to transform India into a digitally empowered society and knowledge economy.
Pradhan Mantri Mudra Yojana: – Launched to provide working capital to small and new entrepreneur, the objective to generate employment.
The Prime Minister and the Government have shown to the world that it is possible in India to run an honest Government in India.