7 Indians in the list of World’s 100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy for 2019.
Apolitical, a peer to peer learning platform for governments has released the list of World’s 100 Most Influential People in Climate Policy for 2019. The list celebrates politicians, civil servants, academics and activists who have contributed immensely towards raising awareness and bringing change for the cause of environment and climate.
- Shri Piyush Goyal,Union Minister for Railways and Coal
- Dr Harsh Vardhan, Union Minister for Environment, Forest and Climate Change
- Sunita Narain, Environmentalist activist,
- Vandana Shiva ,Environmental activist
- Upendra Tripathi ,DG of the International Solar Alliance
- Jyoti Kirit Parikh, Executive director of Integrated Research and Action for Development.
- Mukta Tilak, Pune Mayor
Releasing the inaugural list Apolitical has said that at a time when young people everywhere are marching to demand action on climate, it’s more important than ever to celebrate and support those with the most power to act: the people driving tangible policy change