Nai Manzil: An integrated Education and Livelihood Initiative for the Minority Communities
Nai Manzil : a scheme launched on 8th August 2015, aims to benefit the minority youths who do not have a formal school leaving certificate in order to provide them formal education and skills, and enable them to seek better employment and livelihoods in the organised sector. more detail
The primary catchment areas for beneficiaries under this scheme are the 1,228 Community Development Blocks where Minority population is 25% or more of total population as identified by the Ministry of Minority Affairs. Additional catchment areas beyond these Blocks may also be notified by the Steering Committee for the implementation of the scheme in consultation with the State Governments. Total physical target of the Scheme is to cover approximately one lac beneficiaries.
- The trainee should belong to six notified minority communities.
- Other minorities notified by the States/UTs also eligible for up to 5% of the total seats.
- The trainee should be between 17-35 years of age
- The minimum qualification of trainee should be as per NIOS / equivalent for class VIII and class X bridge program
- The trainee should belong to the Below Poverty Line (BPL) population both from urban and rural areas
- 30% of the beneficiary seats earmarked for girl/women candidates