Top 10 signature infrastructure projects (Modi Mission 2019)
January 8, 2018
- Sagarmala Project: The project is estimated to cost around Rs 12,00,000 crore. The government wants to implement the projects worth Rs 5,00,000 crore by May 2019.
- Bharatmala Project: The project cost is Rs 14,000 crore project linking India’s vast west-to-east land border from Gujarat to Mizoram. Modi government is planning to finish the 5000-km road project in 5 years.
- Mumbai Trans Harbour Link, Shivaji Memorial: The project will cost around Rs18,000 crore and completed by 2019.
- Arunachal Pradesh on rail map: Modi government has brought Arunachal Pradesh on the railway map of India with India’s longest rail-cum-road bridge — the 4.94-km long Bogibeel bridge over the Brahmaputra.
- Setu Bharatam project: The Rs 50,800-crore Setu Bharatam project aims to ensure highways without railway crossings by 2019 and overhaul of 1,500 British-era bridges.
- Rashtriya Rajmarg Zila Sanjoyokta Pariyojna: The project entails development of 6,600 km of highways at an estimated cost of about Rs 60,000 crore.
- Inland Waterways: The government is spending around Rs 4,000 crore for developing waterway facilities in Ganga. The government would also invest Rs 50000 crore for development of Paradip port. An additional amount of Rs 8200 crore would be used for developing a new port at Paradip.
- Gujarat-Gorakhpur gas pipeline: The 1987-km pipeline will carry 3.75 million tons per year of LPG and move from Kandla to Gorakhpur via Ahmedabad, Ujjain, Bhopal, Kanpur, Allahabad, Varanasi and Lucknow.
- Chardham-Highway Project:. The project’s main objective is to develop around 900 km of national highways. These highways will be built in Uttarakhand at an approximate cost of Rs 12,000 crore
- Highest bridge of the world on river Chenab: The government is building the tallest bridge in the world over river Chenab at Doda (359 metre above the river). The bridge would be built at a cost of Rs 1198 crore.