Enhanced Access & Service Excellence index report
Punjab National Bank has been ranked first among public sector banks in the implementation of ‘reforms agenda’, followed by Bank of Baroda and State Bank Of India
Punjab National Bank with a score of 78.4 out of 100 has been ranked first under the theme of EASE (Enhanced Access & Service Excellence). PNB is followed by BoB (77.8), SBI (74.6), Oriental Bank of Commerce (69), Canara Bank (67.5) and Syndicate Bank (67.1)
The six Public sector banks which are under PCA framework of the RBI have also been ranked under the Index. The performance of PSBs is as shown Indian Overseas Bank (66.7), UCO Bank (64.1), United Bank of India (60.8), IDBI Bank (60.2), Central Bank of India (55.7) and Dena Bank (53.8)
The BCG-IBA report EASE Reforms for Public Sector Banks measures the performance of each PSB on 140 objective metrics across 6 themes. The 6 themes are:
- Customer Responsiveness: Enhanced Access & Service Excellence for customer comfort.
- Responsible Banking: Financial stability, governance for ensuring outcomes, and EASE for clean & commercially prudent business.
- Credit Off-take: Enhanced Access & Service Excellence for the borrower and proactive delivery of credit
- PSB’s as UdyamiMitra: Enhanced Access & Service Excellence of financing and bill discounting for MSMEs
- Deepening Financial Inclusion & Digitalisation: Enhanced Access & Service Excellence through near-home banking, microinsurance, and digitalization
- Ensuring outcomes – HR: Developing personnel for Brand PSB.